Lighting is a great way to set the mood for your wedding. I love when couples get creative and use lighting techniques that are rather uncommon. Lights can brighten up your venue or give your event a cozy romantic feel. As you might remember, one of my favorite ways to achieve intimate lighting is by using string lights (see this post). But there are plenty of other ways to use lighting to give your wedding a custom look. Below are some DIY lighting ideas that would be super fun to include in a wedding!
1. Dixie Cup Lights – These dixie cup lights are adorable! They would be perfect for a casual wedding!
2. Yarn Ball Lights – Find yarn in your wedding colors and create these yarn ball lights for custom colored garland lighting!
3. Cupcake Liner Lights – Another super cute idea! Cupcake liners can be found in all different colors and patterns. This would be an easy way to add touches of your wedding colors into your lighting decor.
4. DIY Light Columns – Leave it to Martha … these light columns would be stunning placed throughout your venue! You’ll be surprised to see how easy these are to make!
5. Sparkle Light Board – This sparkle light board would make a lovely backdrop for a sweets table or DIY photo booth!
6. Tissue Paper Jar Lanterns – This is a very easy project that is totally sweet! Use tissue paper that matches your wedding colors and these lanterns will fit in seamlessly with your event. Click here for a kiddie tutorial of a similar project. If little kids can do it, so can you!
7. Origami Lantern Lights – This may take some time and patience if you’re making lots of them … but it would all be worth it for the soft glow these beauties let off!
8. Ice Lanterns – Planning a winter wedding? A path lined with these ice lanterns would be a lovely way to welcome guests to your venue!
9. Flower Light Garland – This flower light garland would be a nice delicate touch to a bridal shower or backyard wedding.
10. Letter Lights – Why not create a lighting piece that can act as the centerpiece for your event? This tutorial from Design Sponge shows you how to make your own custom letter lighting. You can spell out a word, like below, or light up your monogram!
Will you be using any DIY lighting at your wedding?