There are many ways to get creative and show your personality with your wedding details. One small detail that can be a huge hit with your guests is your choice of escort cards. There are SO many great escort card ideas out there that range from elegant to playful to simple and sweet. You can find plenty of options through online resources or completely personalize them and come up with your own! In no particular order, here are 10 great ideas that I’ve come across …
1. Plants – Your escort cards can also double as your wedding favors! Small plants are a great wedding detail that can be used as both. Just add a little tag with the guest’s names and table numbers. Perfect for an eco-friendly wedding.
2. Polaroid Pictures - If you happen to have photos of all of your guests (or the time to take them before the wedding), they would be great to use for your escort cards! There are programs that will take any photo and make it look like a Polaroid picture … so whether you use an actual Polaroid or not, you can get the look of it for your escort cards. The space at the bottom is perfect for writing in names and table numbers!
3. Vintage Pins – Start searching through your local thrift and antique stores! I’ve seen plenty of cute vintage pins out there that could be used to dress up your escort cards – perfect for a vintage or floral themed wedding. This is definitely a little surprise that your guests (particularly the ladies) will be excited to put in their pocket or purse once they’ve found their table. Some may adore these little pins so much that they’ll pop them on during the reception!
4. Fruit – With all of the colorful fruits out there, there’s bound to be one that goes with your wedding. Choose a fruit that fits in with your wedding colors, pin on tags with your guest’s names and table numbers and … Voila! You’ve got yourself some cute and simple escort cards as well as a healthy little snack for your guests to munch on on the way home.
5. Small Toys – Depending on your wedding colors or theme, you may be able to find small toys to use as escort card holders. If you come across a toy that just fits in perfectly with your wedding, do some research. You may be able to buy those little buggers in bulk! Just look at how cute these little taxis are as escort card holders … excellent choice for a wedding in the city.
6. Stamped Cards – Looking for an idea that’s very simple and sweet? These stamped escort cards are just for you! Simply write your guests names on the cards and then use pretty stamps for the table numbers. String up a few lines and use clothes pins to display your cards.
7. Candy – You can use just about anything to add a little pizazz! Find candy in your wedding colors and attach it to your escort cards. These lollipops are totally cute … and they’re even dressed for the occasion with little bow ties!
8. Paper Flowers – You can have fun escort cards with nothing more than paper! Try dressing up your paper cards with little paper accessories – like little flowers. These are cute, simple … and even use recycled paper.
9. Candles – If you’re having en evening wedding, candles are great to use. The candles will be lit just before your guests arrive. Once each guest finds the candle holder with their name on it, they’ll have a little flame to guide them to their table. These are also great because there will be a small candle lit for each guest at all of your tables.
10. Shells - Beach themed weddings have always been a bride and groom favorite. If you’re planning a wedding on or near the beach why not use real shells in your wedding details. You can easily find or buy different kinds of seashells. Glue them onto your escort cards to add just that little something extra.
And there you have it! Ten great ideas for your escort cards. There are, of course, many more out there. Have fun choosing which you will use … or creating your own! If you have any great ideas to add to the list, we’d love to hear them :)