Whether you’re getting married around the holidays or not, ornaments make wonderful wedding favors… And (surprise, surprise) they are also super fun to DIY! Today’s DIY roundup is a list of 12 easy to make ornaments.
1. Map Kissing Ball Ornament – This would be a great favor to go along with a map themed wedding. Or you could use maps of a specific location or different places that are significant to you as a couple. Like many of the following ornament favors, this is a great one because it can be used as a favor year round. It’s not specifically a holiday ornament.
2. Felt Polaroid Ornament – These felt polaroid ornaments are a great idea for those wanting to really personalize their favors. You can use engagement photos or pictures of your wedding guests! Even if you don’t like to sew, similar ornaments can be made easily with paper cut-outs. If you have photos of all of your guests, these could double as favors AND escort cards! Simply write the names and table numbers below the pictures!
3. Fabric Fortune Cookie Ornament – These ornaments are easy and cute! Tie them into your wedding by choosing fabric in your wedding colors.
4. String Ornaments – String ornaments are very easy to make. You can choose to use white or use string in your wedding colors. These string balls can also be used as decor at your wedding. They can be hung alone, combined and used as garland or you could even string lights through them for a playful glow throughout your event!
5. Yarn Wreath Ornaments – I know, these look like holiday ornaments… but picture them made with yarn in your wedding colors. They could be a sweet little favor to send home with guests. Add a small tag to thank your guests for sharing in your wedding celebration! You could even add small embellishments like mini handmade flowers to the yarn wreaths for some extra appeal.
6. Mini Lantern Ornaments – How cute are these mini lanterns? They would be an adorable favor for a backyard wedding. Especially if you had large scale lanterns as hanging decor at your reception. Your guests could take a little piece of the party home with them to remember the wedding!
7. Photo Strip Heart Ornament – These photo strip ornaments would make a great wedding favor! They are easy to DIY and are lots of fun to make! Just grab your love and start posing for some cute and fun photos… Who doesn’t have fun getting silly with photo booth pictures? This could even be the start to an adorable tradition. Make a photo strip ornament each year on your wedding anniversary.
8. Felt Heart (or any shape) Ornaments – Felt is a wonderful material! Unlike most other fabrics, felt doesn’t fray and it’s very easy to work with. These felt shape ornaments are easy to make… even for beginner sewers!
9. Cupcake Ornaments – Planning a wedding with a cupcake or sweets theme? These cupcake ornaments would be a great favor to tie in with the wedding theme!
10. Print Covered Ornaments – Ok, there isn’t a tutorial for these ornaments but they are very simple to make. Buy some cheap Christmas bulb ornaments and use decoupage to cover them with old book pages, newspaper or even your own printed messages. Add a little bit of glitter and you’re all done! These would be great favors for a wedding with a book theme or book page details & decorations!
11. Peace Sign Ornaments – Everyone wants peace on their wedding day. Why not give out glittery peace sign ornaments?
12. Paper Accordion Fold Ornament – This paper ornament would be perfect for a wedding filled with custom paper details and decor. Visit your local craft store for a wide variety of paper colors and patterns. You can easily make this ornament in your wedding colors.