DIY projects are a great way to add personal touches and customization to your wedding day. If you’re only planning on doing one or two do-it-yourself wedding projects, favors are a great detail to focus on. In the past, wedding favors were pretty standard. Guests didn’t expect anything more than the traditional candied almonds. Today, however, couples are branching out and getting more creative with their wedding favors. The popularity of DIY wedding projects is playing a big role in this change. Couples can surprise their guests with personalized or handmade favors without breaking the bank.
Keep in mind that making favors is a big undertaking, especially if you’re inviting a lot of guests. While it can save you money, be sure you have the time and ability to complete your project. It should be a fun experience and not one that will cause any unneeded stress while planning your wedding.
That being said, here are 10 easy DIY projects that are perfect for wedding favors.
1. Love You Bookmarks – If you know that a lot of your guests are book lovers, these adorable diy bookmarks would make perfect wedding favors.
3. Tin Can Bubbles -Bubbles are always a fun little treat. They would be a great way to keep guests, especially children, entertained at a backyard wedding.
4. Gum Ball Favors – If you’re planning a wedding with lots of bright colors or a polka dot theme, gum ball favors would be the perfect, playful touch!
5. Sucker Favors – Make your favors personal by including a photo of you and your love! These lollipop favors are easy and inexpensive.
7. Paper Goodie Bags -Goodie bags always add a little mystery. Guests will be excited to find out what treats are included in their goodie bag favors. You can fill the bags with anything! Candy, snacks, personal thank you notes, hang over kits … whatever you want.
8. Upcycled Herb Favors – Keep it green with these cute potted herbs. These are a perfect favor for a garden reception.
9. Instigram Magnet Sets – Have an iPhone? Using the Instigram App you can create fun magnets with a vintage look from your photos! Include pretty photos you’ve taken or make it personal with pictures of friends and family.
10. Glass & Fabric Magnet sets – These glass and fabric magnet sets can easily be tied into your wedding by using fabric in your wedding colors.
So … What do you think? Will you be making DIY wedding favors?