Using Technology to Your Advantage Aides with Wedding Preparation
In a world where brides have easy access to technology, there are many brides who do not utilize tech resources to help ease the wedding preparations. Many Brides still choose to use the traditional 3-Ring Binder for their wedding preparations. However, in today’s technological advances, many brides and grooms are able to plan their entire wedding using the benefits of the Internet and other technological advances. Using wedding websites to keep track of guest lists, table setting charts and RSVP’s is all the rage for the modern bride.
1) Record the preparations of the dressing process at the Bridal Salon with a video camera. It seems that many details of dressing the bride seem to be forgotten, once the bridal gown leaves the bridal salon. Details such as creating the perfect bow-tie, buttoning the grown, or instructions for steaming your wedding gown are a distant memory when your wedding day approaches. To help with all the little details try to videotape these tips and tricks from the bridal salon during your fittings.
2) Record a video of the dance lessons for the bride and groom’s 1st dance!
On the same idea of keeping a virtual memory of the bridal gown instructions, record your dance lessons to refer back to. Dancing can be very complicated to learn. And it can be even more difficult to train a dancer who has already learned the incorrect dance steps. By recording the dance lessons, the bride and groom can refer back to the videotape when practicing at home.
3) Use Internet resources like “Google Documents” to keep organized. Info such as guest lists or wedding budgets are easy to manage in a safe online account. This is so that both the bride and groom can have access to them at any time.
4) Read wedding blogs and forums. These resources are always a great help to any bride. Wedding blogs and forums where brides can ask other brides questions and opinions on wedding planning is a great help. Brides will be able to ask specific planning questions and get DIY project ideas from other weddings, etc.
5) Create a custom wedding email. Creating a custom email specifically for the wedding is a great trick. This will help separate work and personal from wedding specific emails. Plus when brides are attending all the must-see bridal shows, brides can give away this custom email, instead of their personal email. This will insure a safe and spam-free personal email for the bride.
6) Create a custom website to stay organized and keep your guests informed. Creating a wedding website from a site such as www.weddingwindow.com can completely help brides during the entire wedding process. Brides will be able to tell the couple’s story, give important new updates and event details to all of the guests. And of course, guests will be able to RSVP online, making it even easier to confirm they’re attending, so the bride doesn’t have to wait by the mailbox all day long.
These are only 6 ideas on how technical advances will help the modern bride. If you have any more ideas, please share them with us!